Hearing horror stories about computer repair technicians who were scammers have circulated internet forums concerning computer repairs. In many cases, these repair technicians made the customers’ computer conditions even worse. Other situations are filled with stories of overcharging service fees.
Because of these horror stories, people dealing with computer problems end up dealing with the problem by themselves—and in turn, causing even bigger problems. They may have also been forced to go to repair shops in the nearest malls—wherein service fees are also priced high considering many factors. All this because they do not want to risk being scammed or overcharged.
Fortunately, Bidvine offers a list of reliable and trustworthy computer repair specialists or technicians for those of you who have been looking up “computer repair specialists near me” on your search engines.
But before going through the list and picking the most promising one, let us have a look into another important list—that is the list of qualities which a great computer repair specialist must possess.
- A reliable computer repair specialist is someone who has had previous experiences in actually fixing a computer. You may want to ask details about their experience as a technician. Furthermore, you may also inquire if they attend seminars or classes in order to learn about the newest hardware and computer systems.
- A good computer technician may be able to complete the job in one to three hours. However, it may be best for you to ask them ahead about their estimated completion time just in case your situation is much more complex and will require more hours.
- A great repair technician will also be able to provide clear answers for questions you have concerning the problem of your computer. Unreliable technicians may just brush off certain questions you ask or if not, they will give you ambiguous and vague general answers even when you ask for specifics.
- Good repair technicians are mostly easy to talk to as well, either on the phone or in person. If they do not give off an approachable and positive vibe, you might have to reconsider them as your option.
- A consistent service rate is also an indicator of professionalism when it comes to repair technicians. Sketchy repair specialists may adjust their prices when it comes to even the smallest changes in the situation. For example, even if their original rate was a flat rate, they might change their mind and make it hourly.
The Bottom Line
Hiring a computer repair technician may be tricky especially if they do not come from commercial repair companies. However, reliable ones are actually around the corner—but you will really have to use the quality checklist in order to detect sketchy modus. Moreover, in order to avoid being scammed or overcharged, you must always be wary. The internet is also a good place to look your repair technicians up, those who are not scammers will have definite details such as contact number, address, experience etc. on their website profiles. However, do keep in mind that scammers may also easily do this. Overall, be cautious and do not trust easily; ask as many details as you want if it helps you build trust.